May 24, 2012

Dealing with KP

What is KP?

  • Commonly known as Keratosis Pilaris. It's a common skin condition that looks like small goose bumps, which are actually dead skin cells that build up around the hair follicle. -TheFreeDictionary.com
  • is a common, autosomadominantgenetic follicular condition that is manifested by the appearance of rough bumps on the skin. - Wikipedia



Okay, so if you're a cosplayer with KP in their arms (like me), you might be shy to cosplay your favorite characters with sleeveless clothes because you have KP in your arms.
I've been wanting to cosplay Tifa, Serah, Yuffie and Beatrix for a long time now. So if you can't wait for it to disappear, try this technique I used when I cosplayed Serah Farron.

The KP in my big arms xD



What you need:

  • Concealer
  • Foundation or powder (Or you can use both)
Note: If you're allergic to make-up, pls. don't use this technique.


First, put some concealer in the affected area. Don't smudge it. it'll blend with the foundation/powder.
Then apply foundation.

Be careful because your upper arms might have a lighter color than your lower arms. Make the color even.


During the event, people didn't notice the ugly bumps in my arms. I even asked some of my friends if they can see the bumps in my arms. =)) LOL










No comments:

Post a Comment