Aug 25, 2012

Luna Lovegood Cosplay

My first cosplay where I have to make props. :)

I decided to cosplay Luna because I think we are both alike. And the fact that my house is Ravenclaw(Pottermore). Hehe.

At first, I was considering to cosplay Hermoine.... but I like Luna better. xD

I prepared for this for like 2-3 months. The first thing I made was the wand, then the necklace, radish earrings and the Spectre Specs. I was a bit lazy to make the ring.

I was trying to recreate Luna from the books...but failed xD The fact that Luna is wearing Dirigible plum earrings and not radish earrings ORZ

"She had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. Harry knew at once why Neville had chosen to pass this compartment by. The girl gave off an aura of distinct dottiness. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stuck her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping, or that she had chosen to wear a necklace of Butterbeer caps, or that she was reading a magazine upside down."  - Description from the book. 

I decided to debut my costume in Fantasy Quest 2 because of the location, it's very nice :3

The radish earrings.Hand-made by me~
I don't know how to do beadworks so I just glued those beads one by one OTL

The necklace~ Keeps away the Nargles xD

Spectra Specs
I used a template from google for the design, and used red and blue cellophanes.

Wand made by me~ although, this broke and needed repairs.
This was the first prop I ever made and finished xD



Me as Luna Lovegood~ <3












Robes, patch, skirt and vest made by Manang Lumings
Tie bought from Saizen
Wig from Lucaille wig, ordered it from Coser Point <3
Here's there shop:
http://www.facebook.com/coser.point
I had no problems transacting with them, and they reply fast at your questions and she is very accommodating. 

Thanks for reading~ :3


No comments:

Post a Comment